Timeshare Seller’s Frequently Asked Questions
In most cases you should be able to recover between 30% to 60% of the original developer sales price. Many factors affect the value of your timeshare:
- Management company
- Deeded versus leased property
- Size of unit
Note: Some Resale offices promise a higher resale price; however, they ask for upfront listing fees, appraisal fees and other hidden fees that can effect your overall net. We tell you ALL the details up-front.
Unfortunately no broker can MAKE the market, only sell in it. We market your timeshare at a price that represents its value in the selling market, no tricks. Companies that charge upfront listing fees will promise you more than what your property is worth just to get your listing and collect the fee. Hotel Timeshare Resales International, Inc., on the other hand, does not earn any commission unless we sell your unit first. Imagine if you were to list your home on the market and the real estate agent asked you for their commission before listing your home! This does not make any sense
In most cases, we only accept a twelve month listing. We believe that if we cannot sell your unit in twelve months or less, we do not deserve the right to keep your business.
Your timeshare is marketed with maximum exposure using the following methods.
- Walk-in Traffic. Our offices are located in high traffic areas for timeshare clients.
- This Website
- Direct mail
- Referral business
- Advertising in specific publications
- Cooperation with other timeshare brokers
- Property Knowledge. Our agents undergo extensive classroom training weekly to keep them at the highest knowledge level regarding your timeshare vacation property.
- Management Company
- Unit Size
- Deed or Lease
Example: A studio in low season in an undesirable location will obviously sell for much less than a two bedroom in a prime location, prime season.
What differentiates identical timeshare weeks at the same resort are:
- Incentives you are willing to give to the buyer. Example: Banked weeks, hotel certificates, sharing of closing costs, etc.
- Seller’s motivation and flexibility.
No. We utilize the services of a certified escrow company in California for most sales. In other cases, we only use real estate attorneys that are experienced in the sales of the subject timeshare property.
30-45 days on average
No, as in most sales, the sale of your timeshare can all be accomplished by mail and faxes.